Close on Saturday..

It's way past my bedtime. I should have been sleeping hours ago, but I've been going through some old photos in my computer archives. Trawling up memories both good and bad. Funny how a few colours captured in pixels can do that to you.

There were old family pics - me as a little girl of 2, up to my eyeballs in mudpies. Or perched on the old white horse at my grandpa's farm. Images from our two trips to Australia, from the perspective of my lens and those of others. Random photos of strange things, good things, memorable things - all thrown together into a digital space somewhere in the metal and plastic box at my feet.

If ever there were a fulfilment of the sci-fi concept of brain storage, photos are it. The collective memories and thoughts and perspectives of years, all in one jumbled place, and if carefully pieced together giving a small insight into the mind of their owner.

But like I said, it's way past my bedtime. And I'm rambling.

0 comments: