Go-bag

Aha! THIS is what I need!

I've mentioned before that my handbag is literally overloaded. It's a bit lighter today - my camera is at home so Favourite Man can use it for various things - but it's usually choc-a-block with stuff I need. Although it started out looking smart, it was really just a cheapie from Edgars, and that imitation leather is falling apart fast. There's a small gap at the bottom, one strap is wearing through in cracks and won't last much longer.

No, I don't have the kitchen sink in there - just essentials for the day/s. Heck, I don't even carry a spanner! :-) But it does tend to weigh me down if I'm walking around for a few hours with it on my shoulder. It goes everywhere - I don't have a range of the things like many chicks do, ready to accessorize any outfit with a different look. It has had to fit in to the casual and the smart, wherever I am. And it's really not ideal anymore.

I've been ogling the go-bags in the link above, drooling over well-organized yet packed carriers (and their gadgets), and thinking that it's about time I upgraded. I was checking out a colleague's man-bag earlier, but I don't think his version will cut it. It's a bit too small and "mincing male" for me.

Shopping/investing isn't going to happen anytime soon, but I'm getting inspired. While pondering my vision of what I want the future to look like, I may as well organize my daily needs for that vision into something that fits the requirements! Including, perhaps, a spanner. It's amazing how much you can fit in one place with a bit of organization.

So it's time to get a decent go-bag, one that matches me, my lifestyle-to-be and holds my portable goodies well. And when there's an occasion to go smart, something small and glamorous as an alternative.

----

Once I've got that go-bag, there's another long shopping list for one-day... From gadgets to clothing I actually like, it's going to take some doing! I may need to sell a LOT of fudge. :-)

::update::
Hmmm... seems there are many definitions for the "go-bag", most of which consist of a bag filled with goodies you may need to grab if there's an emergency. Lifehacker's site specifically had theirs as a "you grab it as you rush out the door and it has everything you need in" bag. Hence this post.

0 comments: