Off-Centre

I've started the day off-centre. Feeling unbalanced and thrown out. All because of a stupid mistake.

I have security gates on the front and the back doors, and both keys are kept about half-way between the two. This morning, in a rush, I grabbed the front door key and inserted it. But it wouldn't turn! I tried and tried, and suddenly the thing broke off in the security gate lock - leaving me on the inside, with the only other way out of the house being a climb over the back wall, and needing to get to work / get my son to school! It's then that I realized I had been using the back door security gate key... so now there's the back door key broken off in the front door lock and both still closed...!

Fortunately the front door key still fit the lock and turned, so we were able to leave - but the back door is needed today too, and therein lies one Big Problem. Or it would have if Favourite Man didn't know exactly what to do (what a man!). The door came off, the lock came out, and I'll be replacing the key on the way home, lock in hand.

But it's left me a bit shaken and off-centre this morning. I had trouble getting my head in the right place to focus on my commute here - and driving a car that's not my own means being very careful not to do stupid things and cause accidents/damage in any way. All the way to work, things bothered me more than they would have normally.

I seriously dislike feeling out of sync. It affects everything - how I see the world, what I do, what I can accomplish, how I relate to those around me. So before the day snowballs into chaos, I'm taking a few minutes to spend breathing deeply outside, calming that inner jitter that has me unbalanced.

0 comments: