White Season


I've spent quite a bit of time on the road between here and Cape Town this week - and it's white season.

Spring always starts white. Arums in every damp hollow, drifts of brilliant white daisies in the fields and scatterings of snowdrops on the banks. And it appears Spring is here!

Officially 1 Sept is IT. We're mere days away - though winter's probably far from over. The days are getting longer and warmer. I even braved sleep last night without my hot water bottle! My thoughts are turning again to the need to grow things and spring-clean and organize and all those things that happen every year around now in my head.

I'm even starting to consider hot-weather recipes - lemon ice-cream, huge platters of salad, non-stodgy meals. We're not there yet, but we will be soon.

The trouble with losing weight is that you have less insulation against the cold - and for the last few years I've steadily dropped a few kg before each winter season (and kept it off). I've really felt the cold this time around - it seems winter's dragged on forever.

But now summer's coming. I dread the infernal south-easter, but can't wait for a tan! Sunshine! Jugs of ice-tinkling drinks and ice-cream for lunch!

Bring it on.


Makro

0 comments: