Oh no, not again...

So here I am, settling into life as a full-time South African, planning to get the business going by the end of the year, looking forward to making some changes.

And then a job offer arrives from Sydney to work at a high school!

Oh great. Not that I'm not thankful that I'm being considered, but I'm not sure how much of this rollercoaster ride I can take - one minute up there with the "we might go" and the next back down to earth with the "we're definitely staying". I so much want to actually LIVE for a bit, instead of holding off on the living (and the consequent buying of things we need to replace, building up of resources etc.).

And yet something has stopped me from splashing out on the goodies I wanted to get this month, most noteably the drill, jigsaw and sander I hoped to use to turn all that rescued wood into a small cabinet for the kitchen. I have yet to buy the material to make loose covers for the couches, or replace the TV that conked last weekend. I haven't got up the courage to splash out on the incredible moonstone ring I've been eyeing for months.

I don't know if that's just being cash-sensible on my part, or if there's more to it.

There's still the major issue of visa, and the regulation that the Aussie government prefers a position to be filled by an Australian before they go looking overseas for someone. Yet my CV has been passed on by the Mega-Boss of the organization who offered the position. Perhaps he's trying to find a sponsorship position to go ahead with? Dunno.

Anyway, I'm not saying anything to the relatives just yet. They don't read this blog as far as I know - though now and then they seem to check in and find stuff. I have to admit though that I'm not too good at keeping my mouth shut, and may talk when the brother/sis-in-law come around this weekend. We'll see. Just want to hear back from the offerer first and see what their thoughts are.

Oh for a crystal ball! It would be really nice to know which way this will go.