Books for Boys

Hurrah! and Hurrah! again. Someone has finally seen the light.

Robert pointed me in the direction of a book that is apparently quite the best-seller, The Dangerous Book for Boys. It's all about restoring the lost arts of breaking your bones and getting your knees scraped in interesting ways. Which, quite simply, doesn't seem to happen anymore.

I think I still have a couple of knee scars thanks to my own adventures as a (tom)boy, and my hand has one that resulted from the slip of a rather impressive pocket knife I always carried.

I think I should go forth and get my lazybones electronic-entertainment son one immediately!

More here and here.

PS: Robert also designed this nifty little blog badge for me. Too cool! Still deciding where on the wall it will be best to display it.

0 comments: